What We Do
- Represents the voluntary community children and young people’s sector across West Sussex, empowering the sector to influence local policy
- Promotes and develops good practice in the voluntary and community sector
- Enables the sector to be knowledgeable, appropriately skilled and confident in delivering quality services in which every child and young person matters
- Supports the sector so that all children and young people are –and feel – safe
- Develops the sector by providing opportunities and accessibility for all children and young people to participate in the decisions that affect them and their communities
Offering practical developmental help such as information, training opportunities and policy development; we work to enable your organisation to deliver your service more effectively. We provide and coordinate networking opportunities to share best practice and build on local expertise. We champion, disseminate and support the development of good practice as well as innovative working in the sector.
WSCVYS is the representative to the Children's Trust for the VCS in West Sussex. So, in this role we act as the voice for voluntary children and young people's work raising the profile of the sector and celebrating our collective work.